WIS Holiday “Beach” Party & CARE Celebration
December 8 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm MSTFree – $15.00
We can’t wait to host our annual holiday party and year-end celebration – because we CARE about you!
REGISTRATION is REQUIRED for this event. Space is limited.
Women in Sustainability is taking their holiday party back to the Jamaican beaches, er well, Wah Gwaan Brewing Company, again this year on December 8 from 5:30pm – 8:00pm! At Wah Gwaan, we can at least feel like we’re at the beach!
Our holiday party will take our 2022 worries away as we sip on Jamaica-themed (and quite delicious) beers, enjoy food and dance the evening away! This event is open to all WIS community members that want to network and have fun!
This event is free for all paid WIS members and $25 for non-members.
Dress in your beach theme shirts or your holiday party best! Just remember, it’s still December in Colorado and we won’t have sand, but may have snow! 🙂
– dry beans
– canned tuna
– canned chicken
– peanut butter
– granola bars
– cooking oils
Dry / Canned goods can have an expiration date past 6 months and still valid for donation.
Music provided by Mister Niño (DJ)
Appetizers provided by Nosh Catering:
- Mezz Platter – House Made Hummus, House Made Tzatziki or Honey Lemon Whipped Ricotta, House Marinated Olives,
- with Sliced Cucumbers, Cherry Tomatoes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Oil, Carrots, Celery, Bell Pepper Strips,
- and Radishes. Dolmades, Marinated Feta Cubes, Marinated Mozzarella Balls, Artichoke Hearts, and Roasted Red Pepper Strips, Grapes, and Sliced Pita.
- Pineapple Kielbasa Bites
- Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms topped with Melted Gruyere
- Jumbo House Cooked Citrus Cocktail Shrimp with Mango Salsa
- Sweet Chili Glazed Chipotle Meatballs
- Baked Feta and Blistered Cherry Tomato Dip with Pita
- Salsa Bar to Include: Guacamole, Mango Salsa, and Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Attendees will be responsible for their own beverages and any additional food.
Bring extra cash (or your card)! We’re working on some awesome giveaways as a part of our silent drawing! What is a silent drawing? Well it’s a cross between a drawing (aka raffle) and a silent auction – buy tickets and put your ticket in the bucket for an item YOU want to win at random selection! All proceeds will be donated to Women in Sustainability, a 501c3 pending tax-deductible organization.
- Alpine Bank – Thermal blanket & wine gift basket ($70 value)
- We Don’t Waste – Gift basket with tees, a tote, mug, sweatshirt, and hats ($144 value)
- Wah Gwaan Brewing Co – misc gift basket (tbd)
- Beautycounter / The Ingredient Insider – Overnight Resurfacing Peel – gentle no-peel peel that exfoliates, brightens and leaves skin glowing. Good for all skin types. ($72 value)
- Scout & Cellar / The Ingredient Insider – Bottle of wine
- Grows As It Goes – Hand painted leather coasters ($75 value)
- Kelly Bull Permaculture Design – Virtual Garden Consultation (30 Mins) – Ask all your burning questions and get feedback and advice on your landscape so you feel confident that this will be the best year for your yard yet! ($100 value)
- glow + gather – Harvest Feelings Collection: Gather friends + family, share joy, and fill your home with the cozy scents + flavors of the season with our Harvest Feelings Collection. Enjoy our Harvest French Grey Sea Salt Infused with Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme, Pumpkin Pie Spice Infused Sugar, and our Harvest Spice Blend crafted with all the warm spices of the season for the ultimate collection of Harvest seasonings. Packaged with our signature recipes for new dishes + drinks to savor. ($36.50 value)
- glow + gather – Bollywood Masala Collection: Celebrating our Indian heritage, and our love for our home in Bombay – the street food, our favorite ice cream shop, the restaurants, the shopping, and of course family – we bring you a collection of masalas (spices) created in our kitchens in Colorado from our experiences + traditions of our Indian heritage to bring authentic Indian flavors into your home. Complete with our exclusive signature recipes, this collection is ideal for the Indian food lover in your life! ($42.50 value)
- Bibamba Artisan Coffee – 3 pack of chocolate ($21 value)
- Wagon Coffee – Bag of Coffee ($20 value)
- Sullivan Scrap Kitchen – $50 gift card
- Summit Sustainable Goods – Solid Lotion Bar from Queen of the Meadow in Fort Collins ($17 value)
- That Minimal Life – A 1-hr Group Workshop of your choice (Caring for the Earth & Kids, Composting 101, Zero Waste 101, Sustainable Hacks on a Budget, Plant-Based Tie-Dye) that can be scheduled as a Lunch & Learn for your office or as a fun gathering with friends! ($150 value)
- Uproot Teas – Reusable Tea Infusing Strainer Basket ($23 value)
- The Happy Beetle – A $50 gift card valid for any of our annual plans (Monthly pickups at $142/yr or Quarterly at $89/yr).
- All Muddy – Ceramic tumblers ($60)
- Simple Switch – $20 Gift Card to SimpleSwitch.org
- The Pledgettes – 1 Year Financial Literacy Membership ($180 value)
- Prioritization Framework & Implementation Toolkit ($394 value)
- Grateful Garden – Gift card for a 1 free coaching session, to come up with a planting plan for an existing garden. Or to use towards the price of an initial design consultation ($150 value)
- Winery Tour & 2 Bottles of craft wine made with love by Tetherly Wines, a smooth full-bodied Cabernet and a dry Rosee – donated by Heather Langendorfer, Unbound Inbound
Wah Gwaan Brewing Company, located at 925 W 8th Ave, is owned by WIS member Harsha Maragh and her husband, Jesse. The brewery opened earlier this year and works to highlight sustainability at the center of the brewery’s operations with the reuse of spent grain, water refill station and more!
This event is limited to a capacity of 50 people so please RSVP if you are interested in joining the holiday festivities. If you RSVP and cannot attend, please be sure to cancel your reservation. The space is reserved for the WIS holiday party that evening so we can party together! As this will be indoors with a tight(er) capacity, we ask that anyone not feeling well stay home to keep our community safe. For anyone that feels more comfortable wearing a mask, please do so.
So what you say, Mon? We will see you on December 8!
Questions about the event, please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the brewery, please contact Harsha at email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsor Alpine Bank!
About our Partners
About Wah Gwaan Brewing Company:
In Jamaican Patois (English dialect spoken in Jamaica), “wah gwaan” is commonly used as a greeting and means “how are you/what’s up.” They chose this phrase for the brewery because it reflects their friendly ambience and sense of community.
They embody traditional Jamaican culture through distinctive, vibrant beer flavors and a welcoming atmosphere. They are committed to incorporating sustainable practices throughout the brewery and the local community. They plan to share authentic Jamaican culture through education, taproom events, and community outreach—and ultimately become a leader in sustainable brewing business practices while increasing diversity in the industry.
About Alpine Bank:
For almost 50 years, Alpine Bank has been giving back to the Colorado communities where they also live, work and play. Across their great state—from Denver to Durango, Boulder to Battlement Mesa—individuals and businesses bank with them for online and mobile banking, deposit accounts, loan financing and wealth management* services.
Customers love their size and streamlined structure. With it, they provide one-on-one service and make local lending decisions quickly. At Alpine Bank, banking is more than just a product or service, it’s a relationship.
Their employees are also their owners. Like you, social and environmental responsibility are important to them. Their commitment to the communities they serve is what drives them every day, and the Alpine Bank team gives generously of their time and talent.
With branches across the Western Slope to the Front Range—and a Fort Collins branch opening in 2022—Alpine Bank is as unique as Colorado and the person who calls it home.